Monday 27 January 2014

Day 5

Day 5 dawned nice and early again...finished my blog entry and wandered down to the water with my coffee....the waves aren't quite as high as they have been so we decide to go Kapalua Bay and try some snorkelling.  We got there around 9 am and lots of parking still available. What a beautiful beach...

The water was a bit rough which made entry quite comical and I had some issues getting my mask to seal because of all my hair but eventually managed to start snorkeling.  After getting out far enough to see it wasn't too bad.  Visibility wasn't the greatest and you really had to pay attention that you weren't washed into the rocks but I saw lots of fish and wsd happy to have finally snorkelled.  After getting out of the water we put away the beach gear in the car and go for a walk along the Kapalua Coastal Trail...I decided that if I ever win lotto 649 I'm buying a place in The Residences at Kapalua lol.  Views from the trail were beautiful. We watched whales playing and just enjoyed the view.



We only walked as far as The Bay Villas because Kelly's back started acting up.  We figured he pinched something sleeping in that awful bed and the swimming motion made it worse. Headed back to the condo had a light lunch and parked myself on the sand with my book and watched the waves.  Kept a look out for whales and turtles but nothing today.  Kelly's back wasn't getting better so we walked into Honokawai to try and find a drugstore.  The walk was nice but the clouds we'd been watching finally hit shore halfway through our walk.  Boy we got wet lol but that's ok because its still warm.  Dinner tonight was fresh monchong from The Fish Market marinated in their ginger soy marinade and sauteed in a little olive oil and asparugus broiled with onions, chopped pineapple, and a tiny sprinkling of raw Hawaiian sugar.  After dinner we settled in to watch the grammys which is the only "awards" show I watch every year.  My favorite performances this year were Willie Nelson with Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard and Blake Shelton, Robin Thicke with Chicago and Metallica performing One (my favorite Metallica song) with Yang Yang.  All in all another great Maui Day.  Hoping that day 6 brings the sun back and Kelly's back ferling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment