Tuesday 7 November 2017

Kauai 2017 Day 2

Today we hiked the Kalalau Trail to Hanakapi'ai Beach.  We arrived at the overflow parking lot at 8:30 am and there was still parking spots available. (When we left cars were parked all along the road from the parking lot to Kee Beach wherever there was a wide spot) I'm glad we got up early and went when we did.  It is not overly difficult but yes it gets pretty slippery and steep in spots.  We managed with no problem in our Keens.  We talked about going to the waterfall but I knew that I wouldn't have been able to do it very comfortably.  It was worth the hike.  The scenery was amazing.  There is nothing that I have seen to compare to the Napali Coast. 



















After getting back to the car we were starving.  Stopped at Foodland and picked up lunch.  Fried chicken, spam masubi, and poke.  Good stuff! By this time we were stiffening up and we hit the hot tub and pool and enjoyed the libations from the pool bar.  Rain storm came through and drove us back to the room.  I decided that I wanted new charms for my Pandora bracelet and found a couple that I really liked in the Savage gift shop.  I couldn't choose between the 2 so I bought them both.





We decided on Dolphin Sushi Lounge in Hanalei for dinner.  Amazing food and great service. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are a sushi fan.








This brings us to the end of Day 2.  A busy day in beautiful Kauai.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great day for the hike. Also, love your pandora charms.

    ReplyDelete