Wednesday 15 November 2017

Kauai 2017 Day 9

Tuesday was pretty relaxed.  After our morning walk and my blog post I was feeling a bit under the weather, a little dizzy and nauseous. A lot of water had me feeling better so I'm making a point of drinking more of the stuff.  I lazed about indoors for a couple of hours reading while Kelly and Evan went for a walk.  They came back and told me they'd seen lots of Honu in Ho'ia Bay beside Kuhio Shores so I went back over with Kelly and got some pictures. 




It was between rain showers at the time so couldn't resist some pictures of the ocean. 




We spent the afternoon reading, doing laundry, and some light housekeeping as well as partaking in a shaved ice from Riptides  We went for another swim and hot tub and Kelly and I decided to venture over to the Beach House for a drink and some Pupuus.



After we were done we discovered that the monk seal from this morning came back.  I texted Evan to come over and see and we sat on the sea wall and watched until another rain shower drove us back indoors.




Evan got himself a pizza from the food truck that comes on Tuesdays and we settled on the lanai for awhile.  In the meantime Kelly took the camera and went on a Gecko hunt.  He's fascinated by those little guys. 








At this time we watched the daily arrival of the parakeets and then it was time for The Voice and another early night on Kauai.  A combination of golf, snorkeling, and swimming has put Kelly's back out so hopefully the medication this morning will relax it enough for a drive up the canyon.  We will see what the day brings.  The great part about a vacation is that there is no set timetable to do anything.  I'm going to venture over to the beach with my coffee and watch the ocean for awhile. Aloha.

1 comment:

  1. cute little gecko. I've never seen one with the orange markings before.

    ReplyDelete