Thursday 16 November 2017

Kauai 2017 Days 10 and 11

Wednesday morning came and after a walk to Living Foods for coffee and breakfast we decided that Kelly's neck was loose enough to go for a drive as long as I did the driving.  We headed up to Waimea Canyon.  The scenery was truly breathtaking even though it was cool and rainy.  I was only 58 degrees at the top, quite a change from the 79 at sea level.
















Am I correct in thinking that the following shot is a picture of the "property" in the trust in The Descendant's movie?


We made our way back down to the warmth and headed back with a stop for shrimp from the Shrimp Farm outlet in Hanapepe. When we got back I hurried down to the culinary market at Shops at Kukuiula and got a baby Lilikoi Cream Cheese pie from Right Slice, some white sugarloaf pineapple and fresh fruit for breakfast and then  I cooked the shrimp up with some Pesto and pasta for a simple tasty dinner.  Sunset this evening included the green flash. No pictures this time, we just wanted to concentrate on the beauty.  One more hot tub and The Voice again and it was bed time. I feel like we are on a child's bedtime schedule here but so much fresh air and activity just knocks us out.

Today was the day for my tattoo appointment.  I had decided that I wanted a tattoo to celebrate turning 50 as well as a permanent souvenir of my trip.  After a lot of research I decided on Pedro at Farsyde tattoo, and he didn't disappoint.  He did a beautiful job and I couldn't be happier with the results.




Dinner tonight was a stir fry to use up our leftovers and then Evan and I took a final walk to Lappert's for an ice cream.  We're getting ready to head to the airport with him for his red eye flight home tonight at 11:30.  Kelly and I fly home tomorrow on the same red eye so we'll be spending the day shopping and touring around.  The rum distillery for sure and possibly the coffee plantation.  Dinner will hopefully be at Duke's or Lava Lava for one last cocktail with our toes in the sand before heading home to the cold and winter.  My last post will be from home.  Aloha!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful tattoos! I've often thought of getting some tropical flower tattoo myself.

    ReplyDelete