Thursday 9 November 2017

Kauai 2017 Days 3 and 4

Wednesday was a bit of an errand day.  I had a tattoo consultation in Lihue.  We headed south and stopped at Lava Lava Beach Club for breakfast.  Beautiful setting and great food.



Next stop was Costco.  I made an error in judgement and packed my Maui Jim sunglasses in my checked suitcase and they disappeared somewhere on route.  I was choked because I bought them at Costco on our last trip in 2015 and there wasn't even a scratch on them.  Replaced them and as a bonus found a great bathing suit there at a terrific price.  Next we found the tattoo shop where I'm getting my tattoo done and met with the artist who will be doing this. I'm pretty excited about this.  My first tattoo to celebrate turning 50 soon and a forever souvenir of Kauai.  After this was over it was time to head back.  We stopped at Wailua falls overlook to check it out.  The falls were flowing pretty good and I really liked the rainbow that formed at the bottom.



Next stop was Hula Girl to find my son, who's watching my dogs at home, the Magnum PI red parrot shirt.  Success!


It was very hot and time to get back to the pool.  We hung out by the pool for a while and listened to the live music.  Kelly and Evan decided they wanted to go down to Puu Poa beach for a bit but I decided to hang out in the ac in the room.  Pizza from North Shore General Store for dinner and a little tv and that was it, lights out and good night. 

Thursday morning was a lazy start.  Did a load of laundry and had some fresh fruit and cottage cheese for breakfast. My son texted me from home letting me know with a picture that it was snowing. I had to then create a side by side picture of my vacation view and home view.


We then  headed to Anini Beach for some snorkeling.  It was a gorgeous morning and although the visibility in the water wasn't great we still had a very enjoyable couple of hours.  I even saw a huge turtle but didn't manage to get a clear picture of him.  Here's what I did manage to capture.










We headed back to the resort and had some lunch then Kelly and I hung out by the pool while Evan napped for a bit.  I messed around with my phone and some orchids.



After a couple of hours it was time to head back to our room.  I did another load of laundry in preparation for our transition to the south shore while we ate the rest of the perishable food in the fridge for dinner.  We just got back from an ice cream cone at Lappert's and it's lights out early again.




1 comment: