Friday 27 March 2015

Kauai 2015 Day 2

Well I managed to sleep a little longer today, 5am instead of 4am. I'm enjoying my coffee listening to the ocean (and the roosters). The most amazing thing about this condo is hearing the waves 24 hours a day, I'm going to really miss that when we go home. Yesterday was our first full day on Kauai. After working on my blog I drove to Lapperts and got us coffee. We hadn't done a provision shop beyond the farmers market Wednesday so this was an essential trip. I made breakfast consisting of Apple bananas, strawberry papayas with lime, and sugarloaf pineapple. I have never tasted pineapple like that, truly amazing.


We wanted to do a grocery run today so we knew we needed to go into Lihue to hit Costco, but first things first, we needed to hit some golf balls. We decided that 9 holes at Kukuiolono would be just the ticket. I looked up the directions on Google maps. I don't have data on my phone while I'm here so I took screen shots of the directions and away we went. It's quite a drive to get there and very pretty.  We walked up to the window and the lady put our name down on the list and said we'd be the next ones up. We paid our 27 dollars for our cart and 2 green fees and got in line. Just as we were ready to tee off we had a single join us. He'd played this course many times and was able to guide us about how to play each hole. This helped a lot. There is not much maintenance done here other than to keep the grass cut, but at 9 dollars a round we weren't complaining. We each had some great shots and some not so great shots but all in all an enjoyable morning. I'd recommend this course to anyone who wants a practice round before hitting the big boy courses or who has family or friends with them who may not have golfed much and want to try without paying big bucks. Just remember that you're on island time....the pace is pretty slow with lots of waiting. Here's some photos I took up there.








Now that we got the golf itch satisfied it was time to go go grocery shopping. We wanted to try Hamuras Saimin so off we went to try and find it. It took some wrong turns and some directions from a nice lady on the street but we made it. Talk about your hole in the wall, it doesn't look like much but the food was awesome! I really enjoyed watching the lady in the back turning out bowl after bowl with an almost military like precision lol. You could tell she'd been doin it for awhile. We each had the special Saimin 


Then we finished off with a piece of lilikoi chiffon pie. The pie was gone before I could get my camera out to take a picture lol. We then hit Costco and Kmart for groceries and headed back to our condo.
We made some drinks and decided to go for a little walk with the camera and get some photos.
Here's some of the entryway to Kuhio Shores




These photos were taken just at a little beach past the bay on the east side of our condo.




After we got back and watched the surfers for awhile it was almost time for sunset so we grabbed our drinks and walked over to park ourselves in front of the beach house. A couple was celebrating their wedding that night and it struck me what a gorgeous venue that was for a wedding dinner. The sunset didn't disappoint. I took over a dozen shots but I've narrowed it down for here.









Well I just watched a pretty sunrise and it looks like it's going to be another beautiful day. Today's plans include golf at Puakea and then the art night at Hanapepe. 





No comments:

Post a Comment